Monday, 18 April 2011

And she's back in the game...

Well, I'm still in a lot of pain! But I've decided that it's time to cowboy up and just get on with things :)  After a lovely relaxing weekend that was mostly spent drinking tea (gin) in the garden, I finally finished my curtain dress project.



I love it. I really really love it! Other than taking some measurements from another dress of similar fit, it was done with no pattern and just my brain going 'errrr, what next?' It's a super-light cotton and will be perfect for summer.  It was vaguely 20s inspired in shape, although I don't think the fabric / pattern is 20s at all.  But yes, I think it's going to get a lot of wear :)

The only problem with not doing a pattern is, how am I going to make another one?!

Jen xxxx

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your dress, it's soo pretty and I think you're very clever to have made it without a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I feel rather clever :) And I love that it's made from old curtains, my first recycled dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the fact that it's recycled makes it ever clevererer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely, a great shape on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya,

    Clever girl. You sound just like me- I didnt use a pattern for my dress either- you should check it out.

    It looks really pretty on you, I hope it get some good usage in the summer sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you've worn this lots, looks fab!
    By the way, I've moved my blog to www.porcelinasworld.blogspot.com - do pay a visit!

    Miss P xx

    ReplyDelete