Wednesday 27 January 2010

I am a BAD blogger


A problem often encountered by one grrl with too many projects is that some projects fall by the wayside and are left to gather dust and be forgotten. This blog suffered such a fate!

It's not because I've been gazing off at the stars though, these last however many months have been manically busy. I started a masters degree in Youth Work and Community Development, which is so much fun but a LOT of work, and also moved from my poky little flat to a lovely big house. Note to everyone: do not move house three days before Christmas. You will want to kill your new housemates before you've even unpacked! I've also been making making making! Here's a list of highlights and pictures will follow for some of them (another reason for not posting is my inability to get my act together and actually photograph my handiwork). So, in no particular order:
  • Homebrewed ginger beer (one word: yum)
  • A book of fake panda facts (an in-joke between my sister and I)
  • Countless pairs of earrings
  • A jumper
  • A cardigan that has taken me 18 months to finish and looks nothing like it was supposed to
  • My first dress!
  • Knitted bow for my hair
  • Embroidered pillow case
  • Robin Hood and Jesse from Team Rocket fancy dress costumes
  • Assorted soft toys as various presents for lovely friends
It's quite a collection! I've started to get quite restless if I don't have a project on the go so, hopefully, I'll start posting more regularly :)

In recent - vaguely craft-related - news, my current obsession is the 1940s and all things vintage. I've just bought a couple of vintage patterns off the supremely talented Lauren from Wearing History and will be spending my pay packet on fabric this weekend. Other treasures have included a copy of 'Modern Knitting Illustrated' from the 1940s. This book is amazing and I will try and get some pictures up because words really cannot do justice to the patterns, and also the unintentionally hilarious captions that accompany them.

Right, I think that's quite enough of a catch up to be getting on with! I'll leave you with a picture of me proudly showing off my new dress (you can't really see it, but you can see the squeeable Cath Kidston fabric) with my beautiful friend Sarah!



Bye for now (but not for long!)

Jen xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment