Monday 31 January 2011

Weekend Review: What I Ate, Wore and Saw!

So this weekend involved spending time with a lot of lovely people, doing lots of lovely things and eating lots of lovely food!

On Friday night, I went to Jimmy Spices with my (now ex) housemate and another friend.  It's a new all-you-can-eat buffet of Indian, Italian, Chinese and Thai food. Yum yum yum! In fact, this is how happy the dessert area made me:


Hehe, happy pudding face :)  I'm a bit known for how much I love my food.  In fact, my housemates refer to me frequently as 'Jenny Two Dinners'.  So this place was exactly what I needed!

On Saturday morning, after a calamitous attempt to catch a bus (missed the first one by a minute, and just before the second one turned up I realised I'd left my cashcard, cigarettes and phone at home!), I took a trip to Vintage V.  This is a new shop opened in a nearby village dedicated to the 40s and it's brilliant!  Of course, such a trip deserves a special outfit:


Hat: Vintage V
Cardi and Cameo: Presents from Mamma
Dress: Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair

The shopping trip didn't disappoint, and I came home with an awesome outfit for my day out on Sunday :)

So Sunday... wow.  The mamma bear and I had tickets to go see Swan Lake in Cambridge.  It was absolutely beautiful, I was completely blown away.  Ballet is just so so my favourite thing right now.  And before the show, we went to the Jamie Oliver restaurant.  Oh boy!  It was sooo tasty.  I had a glass of Prosecco and berry puree to start, followed by pumpkin pasta, and topped off with the tastiest chocolate, raspberry and amaretto brownie.  I must find a recipe for those.  And, of course, here's some pictures...

Geek!  I'm so bad at this posing lark...

Attempting to get a close-up of my new favourite hat :)
Dress and hat from Vintage V

And some photos from Jamie's...
Mmmm drinkies


Such a beautiful building!

Between us, the mamma bear and I have almost 50 years of being vegetarian.
So why she took a picture of the meat counter, I have no idea...

Hope you all had a super weekend whatever you got up to!  I must get catching up on all the essays I didn't do... oops!

Love Jen xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment